Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pork Satay & Caramel Pudding @ Ipoh

I told you guys about me not at KL for the time being huh? Well, I'm now at Perak. Eventhough I don't get to online as often as I like, but there are WHOLE LOTS of food to explore! Thank goodness I brought my darling (camera) with me.

I visited Ipoh the first few days I reached Perak. My family's old friend brought us around Ipoh to have breakfast and early tea-break. I didn't take photo of our breakfast!!! T____T the noodles there were so good!! Better clear soup noodle than those in KL.

This is the first time I had pork satay! It's unbelievable cos' we're living in Malaysia, a muslim country where pork cannot be widely sold. They have pork meat satay and pork intestine satay, not bad for a first time experience. The pork intestine satay tasted quite interesting! A little chewy, but not hard to munch. Satay sauce was just so-so lar... nothing to shout about. The best Satay sauce I had was one of the satay shop at Kuala Selangor.


Pork Satay & Pork Intestine w/ satay sauce

Rating : 3/5


The same shop that serves this pork satay is an OLD kopitiam (more than 30years I bet?). This particular kopitiam sells caramel pudding as well! Even more unbelivable! It's sold limitedly everyday, and it has been in business for many many donkey years, and still taste as good as ever.


Caramel Pudding

Rating : 4/5

The caramel pudding has very smooth texture, aromatic eggish milkish creamy taste... with caramel sauce that makes everything taste so good!! something I can die for! Can't wait to go and eat again next time =D




Another thing I ordered was herbal tea with egg. I was like WHAT? Since I've never tried it... no harm right?? When I taste it, it was just normal kopitiam herbal tea lar... with hard boil egg in it. Hahaha... I thought what was it so strange pulaks...


30+ year old kopitiam


I'll keep my blog update again pretty soon... stay tuned ;)

2 comments:

  1. Last time when i went to ipoh, i also come this kopidiam order this few food ^^

    quite Nice ~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. World's best fuckin' Satay. :P They should put a sign which says "DITANGGUNG HALAL". HAHAHAHA!!

    If I visit Ipoh, that restaurant will be the first stop on my list. Amen to that. XD

    ReplyDelete